International undergraduate students from foreign universities holding a Cooperation Agreement with the University of São Paulo can study at ESALQ for one or two semesters with no tuition costs. In order to apply as an exchange student, your home institution must send the following documents by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Application form (Portuguese or English version);
- Recommendation Letter written by the student´s home university;
- Transcript of records translated into English or Portuguese and acknowledged by the student’s institution;
- Copy of the passport page that contains personal data (copy in PDF file);
- ID Picture (in .jpg file format), maximum size 50kb.
- November 15th: for exchange in the first semester of each year (classes from February to June)
- May 15th: for the exchange in the second semester of each year (classes from August to December)
Student Visa information
Once accepted to an exchange period at ESALQ, the International Office will send you the Letter of Acceptance, which is necessary for the Student Visa (“Temporário IV”), to be requested from the Brazilian diplomatic representation by the student in his/her home country.
To conclude the enrollment, the student’s home university must send to USP the proper Student’s Visa and a copy of the life and health insurance paper.
Students with a tourist visa can not be enrolled in courses at ESALQ.
Tuition Fees and Financial Aid
USP is a state and public institution that does not charge any fees from the students. For this reason, grants are generally not available for international students.
ESALQ does not provide housing facilities for exchange students.
ESALQ offers undergraduate programs in Agriculture, Forestry, Economics, Management, Food Science, Biological Sciences and Environmental Management. International students can choose between short-term studies and internships. ESALQ also holds a Double Degree Program in Agriculture with French Institutions, AgroParisTech, FESIA and LaSalle Beauvais, and in Food Science with ONIRIS-Nantes.
For complete information on the exchange programs conditions, classes, academic schedule, enrollment procedures and housing, see our international student guide.
Phone: +55 19 3429 4419
Address: Av.: Pádua Dias, 11 PO Box: 9
Postal Code: 13418-900
Piracicaba, SP – Brazil