Foreigners can take courses as a special student or as a regular student in one of seven undergraduate programs or in one of seventeen a graduate programs from USP/ESALQ. The resources available to students on campus are:
- Library: the library has the most important collection in the country in the area of the Agricultural Sciences.
- Computing facilities: CIAGRI, the computing center, provides with resources of computing, networking, technical support and instructional services.
- Medical and dental assistance: the esalquean community is ensured with on-campus medical and dental assistance and a health care plan that covers specific medical treatments and emergencies.
- Restaurant: the student's cafeteria is committed to providing students with low-priced, nutritionally balanced, and innovative meals.
- Child care: the child care center promotes each child's development in a secure environment, supporting students, staff and faculty families.
- International affairs: the International Office provides support to international visitors, agreements and institution representatives seeking culture and knowledge.
- Arts and culture: Campus life is enriched with artistic presentations such as chorus, orchestra and theater in which students, faculty, staff and the community can perform. Specific and general interest lectures are eventually presented by scholars.
- Sports and recreation: recreational facilities are available for the practice of various sports.